Time for some animal crafts! We've made an elephant, a tiger and a peacock puppet out of paper plates, inspired by posts on Activity Village. Of the three, the peacock is probably the most work.
- 2 paper plates (we used a small ones)
- blue/turquoise/green paint
- green/blue paper
- wooden chopstick or something similar
- glue-on eyes or black paper (we used beads)
- decorations (optional) - we used cut up pieces of sparkly fabric and ribbons
Step One: Paint the plates turquoise.
Step Two: Glue the plates together to make head and body.
Step Three: Cut out paper feathers. We had 8 feathers, from 2 sheets of paper.
Step Four: Decorate the feathers.
Step Five: Glue feathers to the body/head.
Step Six: Add eyes, nose and whatever else you're in the mood for. (The Whirl Girl wanted her peacock to have a necklace). Tape on stick to the back to make it a puppet.
Introduce to your other Indian jungle friends.