Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Peru crafts: Kick-Off Collage


Just as she's done in past months, The Whirl Girl made a collage of photos, maps, and flags. For the first time, I didn't have any lovely Peruvian textiles on hand, so I printed out photos of textiles to cut out the letters. For more details on supplies and directions, check out the post on our Kenya collage.

I stumbled into this way of introducing each month's new country, and it seems to be working well. It gives me an opportunity say the country's name over and over again so that it starts to get familiar to The Whirl Girl. I print out pictures (from our itinerary) that I think will make her excited about upcoming projects, and we look at them together as she glues them onto the page. And we pull out our maps to get a sense of the geography of our trip. We put the old collage away and the new one in it's place, and voila!, we're in a new country.

No comments:

Post a Comment